SCIONRIDEZ HOUSTON
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donations for Needy School Kids and Families

3 posters

Go down

Donations for Needy School Kids and Families Empty Donations for Needy School Kids and Families

Post by RAINBOWFLAG 2010-12-07, 10:18

As I mentioned at the monthly meeting. I will be taking donations atleast once a month to give to the school teacher for her Junior High students and their families.

I wanted to post the most recent email she sent me:

okay, we are getting ready to go to christmas break and we won't see them for a couple of weeks. We might be getting okay with clothes at this time, but we are always in need of blankets. Many need this as well. Otherwise, thanks for all your support and we will pick back up with all your generosity after the new year. Thanks a whole, whole lot. I know these kids and their families are so thankful for the new clothes they are able to have during such a hard time of year. If anyone wants to give gifts, baby dolls, remote control cars, hair straighteners, and girlie things will be kind. I do have one girl in particular, she is the only one on the basketball team out of my twenty five students and has asked for a pair of Jordans. she wears an eight, and we are trying to pitch in for those. If any of you are intersted in mentoring these kids, or would like to come in and talk to them about self concept,confidence, and teen leadership, I could always use help with them. I teach Team Leadership, and it is so hard for them to see this part of their lives. They are such a strong group for even staying together as a group to get both seventh and eight grades in one year. The are basically separated from all their friends, and are working so hard to get back into their age group next year. I will be talking to my principal about the car show for 2011.

I had mentioned about having a little car show for them if they wanted us so hopefully we can do something for them next year.

RAINBOWFLAG
RAINBOWFLAG

Back to top Go down

Donations for Needy School Kids and Families Empty Re: Donations for Needy School Kids and Families

Post by MaCrO v4.5 2010-12-07, 10:46

ill start going through some of my old clothes...should have something for ya hopefully friday, i can meet up with ya and drop off the clothes if you like
MaCrO v4.5
MaCrO v4.5

Back to top Go down

Donations for Needy School Kids and Families Empty Re: Donations for Needy School Kids and Families

Post by SCIONRIDEZ 2010-12-07, 11:32

I will as well and I know we got extra blankets as well....I will like to donante $20 to help the lil girl get her jordens for basketball....who will I have to give that to?
SCIONRIDEZ
SCIONRIDEZ

Back to top Go down

Post by RAINBOWFLAG 2010-12-07, 12:31

I will be meeting her on Sunday for one last delivery before their Christmas break.
I guess if somebody can meet up with me sometime this weekend and give everything to me that will be great. After this weekend, please hold all items except for anything going towards Christmas gifts. I will give her those a few days before their last day of school on the 17th.
RAINBOWFLAG
RAINBOWFLAG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2010-12-08, 11:24

If anyone needs me to come by and pick up stuff to take to Lorrie, I'd be more than happy to Smile I know my egg is small, but I'll make sure it fits Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCIONRIDEZ 2010-12-08, 11:37

@ lorrie that koo I will give it to u b4 Sunday...

@ diana thanks that will help out a bunch
SCIONRIDEZ
SCIONRIDEZ

Back to top Go down

Post by RAINBOWFLAG 2010-12-09, 07:50

If anyone wants to meet me on Friday evening that would be fine. Or Saturday morning or Sunday morning. I don't know what time I am meeting her on Sunday but I am sure it will be mid day. Please call or text me and we can work something out.
RAINBOWFLAG
RAINBOWFLAG

Back to top Go down

Post by RAINBOWFLAG 2010-12-12, 11:11

Thanks everyone for your generous donations, I am sure all of the kids and their families will greatly appreciate everything!

I will continue to take donations, perhaps at each monthly meeting I can take a collection.
RAINBOWFLAG
RAINBOWFLAG

Back to top Go down

Post by SCIONRIDEZ 2010-12-12, 19:00

that will be nice
SCIONRIDEZ
SCIONRIDEZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum